Tryouts and Practice
- Provide positive leadership for the student body and Livingston community by developing school spirit and pride at all athletic events and student activities
- Provide team members with a vehicle for developing personal poise, physical strength, stamina, coordination, showmanship and teamwork.
- Team members will focus on being positive role models for those in the cheer program, their peers at school and the Livingston community.
- To encourage school spirit and pride in Park High School
- Physical and mental development
- Develop lifelong values and skills
- Provide opportunities for participation in a wide variety of activities during the season
- Be an integral, well-coordinated part of the secondary school curriculum
- Assist participants in the development of athletic and leadership skills
- Develop effective time management strategies
- Develop socially through cooperation and appropriate standards of behavior
- Promote and uphold school spirit, unity and pride
- Represent the school to the highest degree
- Set an example of good behavior and sportsmanship at all times (whether in uniform or not)
- Promote friendship with each other and with schools with whom we perform and go to camp
- Promote the development of lifelong values and skills
Park High Cheer programs activities consists of but are not limited to Summer camps, team bonding, fundraising, volunteer work, pep rallies, homecoming, football games, volleyball games, soccer, basketball, wrestling, etc.. senior night, dance classes, tumbling classes, stunt clinics, cheerleading competitions and traveling for games, camps and more.
Tryouts are held only once a year. Cheerleading is a year round sport. Tryouts are held at the end of every school year before summer begins for the upcoming season.
Minimum of 3 times weekly
Monday,Tuesday and Thursdays 3:30-6pm